The final round of the British 200mm Championship was held at the Snetterton circuit. The weather was thankfully dry although still quite cold.
Saturdays practice was spent trying to find a good set up for the low grip conditions. At the end of the day it was the 747’s of Mark Green and Joe Kerry setting the pace, getting down to 12.5 second lap times.
In qualifying it was between Mark and Joe for the TQ position as they finished 1st and 2nd in all 4 qualifiers, being the only drivers to make 24 laps.
- Mark Green – 24/305.23 (Serpent 747,Xceed Tyres, Xceed Fuel)
- Joe Kerry – 24/309.53 (Serpent 747,Xceed Tyres, Xceed Fuel)
- Alex Thurston – 23/307.81
- Simon Wood – 23/310.55
- John Zottl – 23/311.74
- Andrew Hastings – 22/302.48
- Matthew Cook – 22/304.51
- Matthew Williams – 21/300.05 (Serpent 733-TE, Xceed Tyres)
- Dave Gerard – 21/305.35
- Devendra Mahatme – 21/311.00
During the first few minutes of the final many cars were traction rolling because of the big tyres but the 747’s of Mark and Joe were having no problems even starting on 65mm rear tyre. After 30 minutes of racing Mark was the winner with Joe finishing runner-up. Also, Matt Williams drove very well finishing 5th with 733-TE his best ever result.
- Mark Green – 135/1804.58 (Serpent 747,Xceed Tyres, Xceed Fuel)
- Joe Kerry – 133/1811.13 (Serpent 747,Xceed Tyres, Xceed Fuel)
- Matthew Cook – 125/1802.68
- Alex Thurston – 123/1782.02
- Matthew Williams – 115/1808.19 (Serpent 733-TE, Xceed Tyres)
- Dave Gerard – 110/1812.15
- Devendra Mahatme – 105/1803.66
- Andrew Hastings – 103/1505.21
- John Zottl – 94/1808.61
- Simon Wood – 23/358.13
The results from this race mean that Mark and Joe have now finished 1st and 2nd overall in the National Championship 2012.
|Serpent 966TEV2 747 S411 Spring Grey L23 9 515 2 160308 Brand New|
End Date: Friday May-24-2013 19:57:07 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list