"It pays off to live in Southern California; not only is the weather nearly perfect, but we also find ourselves stumbling upon top-secret factory team testing on a routine basis at the local tracks. We dropped by one of our local hangouts and ran into the Kyosho team testing their newest creation—a 1/10 scale off-road electric stadium truck unofficially named the “Kyosho RT-5.” Kyosho reps stressed that the truck in our photos is still highly pre-production and in full testing mode. Here’s what we can tell you:
• The RT-5 is based upon Kyosho’s popular RB-5 electric buggy.
• Overwhelming customer feedback and requests for an electric truck convinced Kyosho to build the RT-5.
• The RT-5 shares the RB-5’s transmission and tranny ratio.
• A longer chassis, longer suspension arms, and longer shocks are used.
• Double-thick carbon-fiber shock towers seen in the photos are undergoing testing; production versions may be molded, fiber or carbon fiber.
• There is NO official release date yet, but Kyosho will debut the RT-5 in mid-March at the Cactus Classic in Phoenix, Arizona.
• Kyosho’s engineer will travel from Japan to attend the Cactus Classic for further development
Testing thus far has demonstrated the truck’s performance to be a neutral mix of steering and stability, but we’re anxious to get our hands on one to find out for ourselves. Stay tuned to R/C Car Magazine for more information as it becomes available." [Source - rc-car.com]